Follow these 8 easy steps to make proper hand sanitizing a habit.
8 Steps for Proper Hand Sanitizing
Total time: 20-30 seconds
1.Dispense one dose of hand sanitizer into cupped hand, covering all surfaces.
2. Rub hands palm to palm.
3. Right palm over left dorsum with interlaced fingers and vice versa.
4. Palm to palm with fingers interlaced.
5. Backs of fingers to opposing palms with fingers interlocked.
6. Rotational rubbing of left thumb clasped in right palm and vice versa.
7. Rotational rubbing, backwards and forwards with clasped fingers of right hand in left palm and vice versa.
8. Once dry, your hands are safe.
Based on the ‘How to Handwash’, URL: http://www.who.int/gpsc/5may/How_To_HandWash_Poster.pdf © World Health Organization 2009.